Friday, June 7, 2013

Hellllooooo!!!
 
Im going to break this email down into a few different parts for you so you can have a taste of what happens throughout the week.
 
Numba one: class time/speaking.
 
So we sit in the same room for six hours each day. for three of them, our teacher speaks straight Korean still and we learn about the gospel and about the language! It is a ton of fun and I am so excited for those three hours everyday. the second classroom instruction is used to prepare and teach. We have taught our first investigator 4 times and invited him to baptism yesterday... thankfully he said yes. haha but these three hours go on forever and because they are usually at night... we are all so dead. everyone has already seen the tired side of me and because we are with each other all day we are all just getting closer. Korean is really hard but as long as I rely on the Lord and know the doctrine in english and have the spirit all is well!! We already know how to pray and since Monday night I have been saying each prayer in korean. we get lots of practice because you really do pray about everything! I am starting to be able to read more and better and the grammar and tenses are coming along.. so much for only a week!!!
 
Two: The peeps
 
Missionaries are .... missionaries.. haha their are so many interesting people that roam the campus of the MTC... for instance on sunday there was a companionship at a talk we watched (by sheri dew hah) and one elder had his zipper down while the other had his shoes off and his feet reested on the chair in front of him. Bathrooms are hilarious. because you normally end up going whenever your companion goes, there are the best convos in there. yesterday a companionship was talking about there lesson through the stalls qutie the way to use time most effectively.. hah Koreans came this week and they are everything you would think of your stereotypical Korean soooo funny there pictures all look like ours did when we were five.. food going into mouth.. trying to bit someones ear.. peace signs... actually not like we were five more like when we were in disneyland haha I see so many people I know including sister Hart!! my district calls me K-pop star or "the most popular kid at the MTC" take your pic.. hah I love seeing eveyonr though lots of BYU friends and even back to some Brighton friends. I see Elder funaro evey once in awhile and Elder Jake pretty often. I see sister neilson the most though and she leave on tuesday... holy smokes!! It is a blast and a half.
 
Three: the district
 
We came up with a few things as a district.. first of all... a Kpop band name.. District 10(because of the ten elders) and our first song is translated as the love room(which is what we named our room) It is easier to go crazy in here than I thought haha this week our district was able to switch to a bigger room with a window(which will help keep us sane) but it is so hard not to be so easily ammused. District is so chill. we set some goals and are already getting better for the elders I became health and fitness coordinator and I will explain why in the next section on food and the Cafeteria haha Well we alsocame up with the S's (struggles) of the MTC -- S1 sleeping struggle, everyday we are so tired and the nights fly by.. S2 sister struggle, there are actually a good amount of cute sisters here thankfully not so much in our district sometimes the sisters can be annoying too that is included in S2.. S3 starvation only a problem for a few but the food is sub par haha .. S4 speaking, learning a language is tough... S5 sweating, not too bad for me but our district gets wet.. S6 spilling no one wants to have to dry clean but so many people spill again not too bad for me so there ya go. this makes it fun for us as no one else knows what we are talking about haha
 
Four:FOOD
 I have never seen more food put down in my life... so many carbs all the time and eating here is harder than at byu because there arent as many items of choice... salad friut and an entree/wrap are usually my pickings. however, many elders and sister in and out of my district eat 3-4 entree plates every meal.. well they began to feel bad about that this week and now they check with me before they eat along with about half of our district. in addition, when we have personal gym time, Elder Han and I lead a workout sesh that is pretty rough. We do have gym time each day and I run about two miles with elder Kidman and then we play volleyball or soccer its pretty solid nothing like a six mile monday though. 
 
Five: Spiritual section
 
What a spiritually high week. I have had so many prayers answered and seen even more answered. our devotionals were both so awesome and the spirit just resides everywhere you are. Just one of the many stories. SUnday I fasted for you all that you would be comforted and also that I would be comforted as well. well not more than 4 hours later I saw bob sue dick and mary anne just lifting my spirits and being ablt to have that connection with them was no coincidence. It has been hard being away from you all and I realize it more and more everyday but I know that this is where i am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing so dont be expecting me home for another 23 months and 14 days hah anyway to continue on, I began to think about you guys again during our sunday devotional. as the closing prayer was being said, I had a feeling I should open my eyes, without hesitation I did. as I opened them the room was brighter than before and a thought came to me... Those whpo surround you are my angels and they will be your guide. I know it sounds cheesy but I have really been ablr to learn so much from the elders and sisters here. These stories (although I only share some with my district) are why I am also called the propeht in our district. I read part of my journal to them as an example of what I write and they call anything spiritual I say a "prophetic quote" haha also know that my pourpose is to bring people unto Christ and so is yours. be a friend and know the doctrine really care about them and strive to have the spirit always. As you do this, you will be able to come unto Christ as well!! 
Anyway thats the weeek because time is almost out I will send some pix next week! I love the letters and the packages and the cupcakes. 
 
Love you all,
ELder Jackson



No comments:

Post a Comment